- What does "pink" mean?
- What has changed in my marketing?
- Do I need to do anything if my listing goes back on the market?
- What if my listing is still active?
Listing Booster checks for new listing information every 12 hours. If your listing has disappeared from our data feed for 7 days, we will send you an email notification.
You may also view this inside your account by clicking the View/Edit Listings button or View Listings tab.
On that page, the listing in question will be highlighted pink.
- Listing Booster is no longer automatically updating that listing with new information from the MLS.
- Your listing will now be highlighted in "pink" on your listings page.
- If this listing remains in an inactive status, it will be removed automatically in 90 days.
- No changes in status have been made to your consumer-facing marketing.
- Listing Booster will still continue to capture leads and market your property.
In short, no. You shouldn't need to do anything other than what you would normally do in your local MLS to make the listing active again.
Technical InfoIf your listing is re-listed with either of the following changes information, then Listing Booster may create a separate listing entry rather than merging the old and new information.
- new MLS#
- change in property address
If a new listing is created, you may need to also move your text code to the new listing. Click here for step-by-step instructions on re-using texting keywords.
Open up a ticket through either of the options below.